2011 was a hectic year. Here’s a list in no particular order:
- I got married.
- I went to Seattle.
- I went to New Hampshire.
- I read more books in 2011 than I did in 2010.
- I returned to blogging.
- I started lifting weights.
- I ran 3 5k’s.
- I spent a lot of time in my garden this spring, summer & fall.
- I started writing letters.
- I worked on my poetry manuscript.
- I discovered I love Twin Peaks.
- I cooked some new recipes (soup, cookies & pasta).
- Our family dog, Basil, died December 23rd.
- A friend and colleague died in Madrid a few weeks ago.
- My husband found a job & lost a job.
- I took my students to the IMA and the IRT.
In 2012 I’d like to:
- Write more poems.
- Take up yoga.
- Own some Zebra Finches.
- Go on a trip with my husband to a state other than IN or PA.
- Cook more vegetarian meals.
- Plant more flowers/shrubs.
- Read more books & magazines.
- Complete my promotion portfolio to Associate Professor.
- Improve my teaching & be more creative/innovative.
- Work on a photography project.
- Join a neighborhood book club.
- Keep working out & run some more 5k’s.
I’m not big on “resolutions” because I think it puts unnecessary stress on people which sets them up for failure. I prefer to think of my list as an ongoing list of goals that I’m continuously building on.
I wish you all the best for the remainder of 2011 and I’ll see you in 2012.