1. Our campus is still beautiful. It is especially beautiful in summer when all the rhododendrons are blooming and the grass is green. The new buildings compliment the older, original buildings. Overall, it just makes me happy to walk around the place.
2. The people I met/knew in college were/are wonderful people. I know I’m a bit bias but I think the class of 2003 is awesome. We live all over the country. We engage in interesting and important work. We have a lot of fun and we look good doing it. Overall, we win.
3. Sleeping in a twin bed in a dorm is still best done alone.
4. Staying up until 3:00 AM when you’re 32 v. staying up until 3:00 AM when you’re 22=two day recovery period, but in both cases, it was well worth it.
5. Country Fair still tastes damn good at 1:00 AM.
6. The Whole Darn Thing is a gem and if you’re ever in Meadville, you should eat there. I’m so glad they rebuilt.
7. Beer in Meadville is embarrassingly cheap. $2.75 for a Yuengling draft? Yes!
8. Getting caught in a thunderstorm/monsoon on the way back from the bar is still fun, except now we’re smart enough to call a cab.
9. I still love visiting the bookstore.
10. Walking up four flights of stairs to get to the Theta suite is still a haul.
11. I loved Allegheny while I was there and I love it now.
|The gator is not comfy.|
|The Observatory which actually houses security.|
|This picture captures the entire weekend.|